Tatang is a Tagalog term of address reserved for only the most feared and respected martial artists. In honor of this proud warrior tradition, we have made a knife that distills the savage cutting power of the traditional Filipino barong into a smaller, more versatile package. When gripped at the rear of the pistol-grip-style, thermoplastic rubber handle, the weight-forward balance of the Tatang's black epoxy-coated 1085C tool-steel blade gives it tremendous reach and chopping power. Choking up on the integral subhilt shifts the balance back for more controlled cutting, trapping, and backcutting with the sharpened false edge. Designed by edged-weapons expert Michael Janich, this incredible knife comes complete with a reinforced ballistic nylon sheath.
• Blade Length: 8.600"
• Overall Length: 13.500"
• Blade Material: 1085C high-carbon tool steel
• Blade Finish: Black epoxy coating
• Edge type: Plain or partially serrated
• Handle Material: Thermoplastic rubber with textured panels
• Sheath: Reinforced ballistic nylon