Streamlight just announced their new SolarStream product, a solar panel for the roof of a police car. A 14 watt flexible amorphous silicon solar panel with self-adhesive backing provides a low rate maintenance charge to the vehicle battery during daylight hours. Panel material and design allow trickle charge in low sun angle and cloudy conditions. Panel helps reduce the effect of onboard computer system battery drain when the vehicle is off. Maintaining a charged battery state when the vehicle is not in use contributes to extended battery life and a reduction in automobile battery related maintenance time. Packaged with fuse holder and fuse.
The Power You Need
- Compensates for natural discharge and parasitic drains on your vehicle’s battery.
- Provides the vehicle with a 14 watt supplemental power source.
- Dispenses a milliamp level current to vehicle battery, helping to prevent it from draining completely.
Proven Performance with Thin Film Amorphous Silicon Technology
- Adhesive-backed panel is wind-resistant – tested to 120 mph.
- Adheres to a variety of contoured surfaces.
- Allows for maximum solar collection as it is not dependent on mounting angle.
- Continues to collect sunlight in low-light conditions (heat and shade tolerant).
- Performance and durability verified by one year of police vehicle field testing.
- Applicable to fiberglass roofs.
- Designed to reduce concern of overcharging and to prevent reverse charging.
Streamlight SolarStream Specifications
CASE MATERIAL: Encapsulated amorphous silicon offers exceptional durability and weather resistance. 18AWG cord rated at 300V, 105°C.
DIMENSIONS: Panel: Length: 40.88 in. (103.8 cm) Width: 13.07 in. (33.2 cm)
Cord: Length: 20 ft.
WEIGHT: 1.3 pounds with full cord length.
PANEL OUTPUT: 14 Watts maximum power in full sunlight.
RELIABILITY: Panel will continue to operate at reduced performance if panel sections are damaged.
APPROVALS: Meets applicable European Community Directives.
• Operates in low sun angle and cloudy conditions.
• Securely mounts to vehicle surfaces.
WARRANTY: Streamlight’s SolarStream™ 5 Year Limited Warranty. Streamlight warrants that if the SolarStream™ is properly installed, used and maintained as installed, without being removed, in accordance with the Operating Instructions contained herewith, it will be free of defects for a period of five (5) years beginning on the date the SolarStream™ was purchased. Except for normal wear, Streamlight will repair, replace or refund the purchase price of this product should we determine it to be defective, provided it has not been removed from the vehicle on which it was originally installed and has not be otherwise modified or misused. Streamlight is not liable for any damage caused to the vehicle on to which the SolarStream™ is installed. This warranty is extended to the original
purchaser, with proof of purchaser, only, and is not transferable to subsequent owners.
THIS IS THE ONLY WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED EXCEPT WHERE SUCH LIMITATION IS PROHIBITED BY LAW. You may have other specific legal rights which vary by jurisdiction.